Meditations on Mercy

 
Sunday, April 17th, 2016 - The Year of Mercy
 
Meditations on Mercy

The Lord is good: His mercy endures forever. Ps. 100:5

For the Lamb... will shepherd them and lead them to springs of life-giving water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  Rev. 7:9

Jesus said: "My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish... My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father's hand. The Father and I are one."  Jn. 10:27-30

Jesus comes in silence and obscurity into human history and into every heart that welcomes him. In today's readings, Jesus, in the humble image of a shepherd, speaks to us with love, promising to protect us and keep us safe. With infinite tenderness, Jesus, who is one with God the Father, promises to wipe away every tear from our eyes and lead us to eternal life.

This merciful God knows your heart, counts every tear, sees all your hidden suffering, and longs to comfort you and lead you home.

Do you hear His voice? Don't hesitate to follow Him. Trust in the infinite mercy and love of God and you will never be lost or alone.



Comments